Honoring the Founders
In 1922, 107 area residents contributed $7,066.00, enough to purchase
25 acres of land on the Whitney estate. On February 20 of that year,
ground was broken for the only Normal School in southern New Jersey.
G3 member Lucile Pfleeger initiated a project to create a plaque honoring
these founders of the Glassboro Normal School, now Rowan University.
A dedication ceremony was held on September 23, 2011, and the plaque was
mounted on the original building, which is Bunce Hall at Rowan University.